This facility utilized poured-in-place walls and includes a 15,000 (sf) library, classrooms, computer labs, TV broadcast facilities, and administrative support space. The design featured areas without ceilings that required special coordination between disciplines to achieve the required aesthetic. This project was administered by the State Building Commissioner.
This project was extremely complex to execute as it presented many obstacles to overcome:
- Severe topographic issues
- Poor soils resulting in an undercut foundation
- Supply delivery through student parking lot
- A complex elevator system
- Proximity to other buildings
- Presence of students during construction